If you haven’t noticed, the blog has been lacking reviews lately. I said in my last post Re-Reding is For Cool Kids that I have been diving back into the Wizarding World, and while that is technically still true, I am actually jumping back and forth between Prisoner of Azkaban and A Clash for Kings. Let’s be honest- until I get through A Storm of Swords, the internet is not a safe place. I can’t even attempt to browse Pinterest, god-knows tumblr will ruin everything.
If you’re not familiar with the Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones for those who just watch the show), the books are easily between 900-1000 pages each. With Tyrion’s chapters being the only sort of comic relief you get at all. Don’t get me wrong, they are so so so good. Just so freaking long. And I have so many other amazing books that I want to read so badly at the same time. Good thing my job requires me to sit at a desk all day and pretend like I have stuff to do.
On another note- there are some pretty cool things going on right now! Here is list! Yay for lists!
1. I applied for an internship with the National Archives. WHAT. The fact that I am even qualified for it makes me squeel on the inside. Plus, I like that word. Qualified. It’s got a nice ring to it. Like a paid a lot for it or something. Oh wait…
2. My brother and his awesome family are going to be coming out for a visit! My family is pretty spread out now, so I get pretty excited whenever we get the chance to see each other. Plus his wife and kids are badasses. My sister-in-law Heather actually has her own blog over at Heathers on the Juice. Go check her out!
3. The Mortal Instruments City of Bones UK trailer was just released. AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Doooo it.
4. My mom won this cool video camera in a raffle thing at her work and mailed it to me. Maybe some review videos coming soon? Hmmmm?
5. I can actually talk to people about my Benedict Cumberbatch obsession, and they actually know who I am talking about. Thank you Star Trek. Creating new Sherlock converts at work every single day, and making me look a little less like a crazy person.
That is all for now. This blog just might get a bit more busy here soon, so stick around. Not telling what shenanigans may ensue.