The Bane Chronicles: The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson

TheRunawayQueenTBC

 

It was also a very bad idea.

It was a terrible idea. 

It was the worst idea he had ever heard. 

It was irresistible. 

In the second installment of The Bane Chronicles, we catch up with Magnus in Paris in 1791, right in the thick of the French Revolution. Literally. The Runaway Queen is about Magnus’ attempts to help the French royal family escape the city, namely Marie Antoinette herself. Why, you might ask? …. Seriously? You have to ask? It’s Magnus Bane we are talking about here. Love, of course. Again.

I have to say I did not have high expectations for this going into it. I didn’t really love What Really Happened in Peru, and figured if I didn’t like this one I wouldn’t bother with the rest of the series. I was happily surprised. This book focuses on just one story, rather than just cramming three really short, fast ones together. Really, it worked so much better. It allowed for the story to develop enough so you can engulf yourself in it. The writing was fantastic, and you couldn’t tell what was written by Maureen and what was Cassie.I hope that the next installments continue to get better as well!

SPOLIERS* Those who have not read The Mortal Instruments, at least up until City of Ashes, read at your own risk.

90% of me loved it. The other 10% hates it because he falls for these people so quickly, so completely, and then pulls away from them just as fast. As an avid Malec shipper, this 10%  of me is disappointed. And let’s be honest, a little worried. Ugh. Damn you Magnus for being so old and complicated.

Anyway- the 90% is going to win out and I am going to read Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale. Maybe the fact that a Herondale is involved with shut the other 10% up for a bit. I 100% support anything that has a Herondale in it.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “The Bane Chronicles: The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson

  1. Pingback: The Bane Chronicles: Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan | thebookboozer

  2. Pingback: The Bane Chronicles: Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan | thebookboozer

  3. Pingback: The Bane Chronicles: The Fall of the Hotel Dumort by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson | thebookboozer

  4. Pingback: The Bane Chronicles: What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything (And Who You’re Not Officially Dating Anyway) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan | thebookboozer

  5. Pingback: The Bane Chronicles: The Last Stand of the New York Institute by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson | thebookboozer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s