Two weeks in a row? This might even become a thing!
If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty awesome. All the cool kids are doing it, why aren’t you? 🙂
This weeks Top Ten is all about the Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters (in no particular order). Ready, go!
1. Hermione Granger. I am not sure that this should even be a question. In my mind she is a main character anyway, so maybe this is cheating a bit. But, hey, it’s my list. I do what I want!
2. Simon Lewis from such a badass friend like Simon.
3. Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games trilogy. Let’s be honest, there came a point in these books for most of us where we gave up entirely about caring for Katniss and rooted completely for Peeta. I still firmly believe she doesn’t deserve him.
4. Sirius Black. My favorite HP character of all time, so he gets to make the list. I cried like a baby when he showed up in Deathly Hallows when Harry used the resurrection stone, because I was still in denial about him actually having died 2 books earlier. Who falls through a curtain and dies? NO ONE DOES.
5. Hana from the Delirium series. She isn’t even in one of the books, but her impact on Lena is apparent in all of them. She is one of those characters that you are constantly wondering in the back of your mind what they are up too. Plus she was a total badass in Requiem.
6. Boo Radley from To Kill a Mockingbird. I wanted to be Boo for Halloween every year when I was a kid.
7. Albus Dumbledore. Another HP character? I’m not even sorry about it. It’s most memorable secondary characters we are going for here right? It’s not my fault J.K. writes the best ones.
8. Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments. The Infernal Devices, and The Bane Chronicles. I know, one of these series he is the main character in. But you have to give the guy props for being such a great secondary character in two different series that he was given his own.
9. Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices. My favorite sassy tortured love interest in any series, ever.
10. Severus Snape. In case you need to feel ALL THE FEELS.
Well, that’s it for my list this week. Who are your most memorable secondary characters? Is half your list from HP like mine? 🙂