If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty cool.
This week’s topic is just in time for Halloween! Top Ten Scariest book covers! In no particular order.
1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. Chain Letter by Christopher Pike. Now this one might not look very spooky, but once you’ve read the book it becomes pretty terrifying. It helps if you read it when you are 10 🙂
3. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
4. More Scary Stories for Sleepovers by Q.L. Pearce. I absolutely loved freaking myself out with this book through elementary school.
5. Scary Stores to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz. Did anyone else read these? The illustrations alone were disturbing. This post is making me re-evaluate my childhood.
6. Firestarter by Stephen King
7. Fever by Lauren Destefano. This is one of those, where it isn’t exactly scary, unless you are seeing it for the first time after reading the first book in the series.
That’s all I got for spooky covers. What covers give you the chills?