If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty awesome. All the cool kids are doing it.
This week, being Thanksgiving here in the States, is about the top then things we are thankful for. This could be bookish or not, and I decided to go with half and half. That will keep me from rambling on and on about everything I am thankful for in my life, because honestly, I am so lucky to live the life that I do and be surrounded by the people that are in it. I’ll try to keep it short, but no promises 🙂
The 5 Non-bookish Things
1. My amazing husband, Morgan. He puts up with me everyday and is the most supportive person in my life. Plus he is pretty easy on the eyes, so that helps 😛
2. My parents. I was lucky to be raised by my two heroes, who have always been the best influences in my life.
3. Holidays! I love getting into the holiday spirit and wish it would last longer. They also serve as a quiet reminder that I need to take a break from my own life every once in a while and travel to invade someone else’s 🙂
4. My friends. Even though I am a pretty friendly and outgoing person, I have a pretty tight knit group of best friends that I have had since I was 12. They were friends before that but were kind enough to let me bust into their group when I moved to town 🙂
The 5 Bookish Things
1. Jo Rowling. I started this by writing Harry Potter at first, but let’s be honest, it’s Jo we should be thankful for. Her writing was what made me the reader I am today, and I honestly have know idea who I would be today if I didn’t have the Wizarding World and the characters in it to influence my childhood.
3. Neil Gaiman in all of his terrifying, whimsical, nonsensical, beautiful glory. The respect I have for this man is unmeasurable. I’m so thankful for him that I am not even going to resize this picture so that it is the same as all the others! (And because it’s gorgeous.)
4. WordPress! Even though I have only been a part of the book blogging community for a couple months, all of my fellow bloggers have made me feel so comfortable here. I love being able to get book recommendations every day and to share my thoughts on books with people who will love them. You guys are amazing!
5. My local bookstore. I live in a pretty small town, so there is no actual bookstore like Borders or Barnes and Noble. What we do have is a little used/new bookstore that sells new books at a discount and used books for $1 and $2. Sure, you can’t always find what you need, but sometimes you find something that you never even knew you always wanted. I absolutely love it.
What bookish things are you thankful for?