If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty awesome. All the cool kids are doing it.
This week is all about popular authors you have never read. At first, this was kind of hard for me, and I was feeling like I was pretty well cultured. But then when you think of one, you think of all of them and you realize quickly that it’s a big world out there!
1. Orson Scott Card (Ender’s Game) To be honest, I am probably not going to ever read these. They just aren’t my cup of tea. Plus, I live in Utah, so everyone everywhere recommends them to you. So maybe this is just my quiet rebellion? I know that’s not rational, but it’s how I feel.
2. Lee Child (Jack Reacher) My brother absolutely loves these books, and I am pretty sure that the last book that he has ever actually liked (maybe even read) before these was To Kill a Mockingbird back in high school. I have never really been able to get into military-type actions, but these might be worth a try some day.
3. Sarah Dessen. Basically I only like books that make me cry when I don’t know that they are going to make me cry before opening to the first page. I have friends that rave about Sarah Dessen, and I am sure she is a fabulous writer. I just can’t handle all of the emotions sometimes.
4. Kiera Cass (The Selection) These ones I will read eventually. I promise.
5. Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) Same with these. If anything, just for the covers. They are stunning!
6. Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles) These ones are actually coming up pretty fast on my TBR list. Totally my cup of tea, just haven’t gotten to them yet.
7. Michelle Hodkin (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) This is one of those that you kind of get that “hide under the table” feeling when you admit you haven’t read.It’s just… It’s just… I have no excuse.
8. Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy). Vampires. Maybe one day, but probably not.
9. Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl) I KNOW! IT’LL HAPPEN!
10. E.L James. She is only making the list because she is popular, and I haven’t read her. That won’t change, not matter how many hordes of Twilight fanfiction lovers come after me! You shall not pass.