The wonderful Andie over at thebookheap was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! Technically, there is no tag-backs, so I am just going to bend the rules a little and throw in right here in the beginning that every one of you should go check out her blog. She loves Neil Gaiman and J.K Rowling, I am not sure you need any more encouragement than that!
Here are the rules:
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. I grew up in a teeny-tiny town and went to a very small school. I graduated with 17 kids in my grade and it was amazing.
2. I have a cat that I love to hate. Her name is Charlie and I have no idea how old she is. We basically just tolerate each other.
3. I could eat a peanut butter & jelly sandwich every single day of my life and never get sick of it.
4. My favorite color is green.
5. I am only 5’3.
6. The first book I ever remember reading was The BFG by Roald Dahl.
7. I have one brother and one sister. I’m the youngest!
8. I am expecting a little boy at the end of July! Yay!
9. I have been married for almost 4 years! That may seem like we got married pretty young to most people (I was almost 21, he was almost 19), but really that is pretty much the norm in the state of Utah lol we had been together for like 4 years at that point and lived together for 1, so it wasn’t exactly a surprise to anyone! We did wait 4 years to have kids, which is definitely not the norm for Utah though.
10. My whole family has moved out of the state and left me here! My brother is in the Army and lives in Colorado, my sister is in the Reserves and lives in Michigan, and my parents both work for the government and live in Oklahoma. Needless to say, we travel quite a bit.
11. I love sports. I played varsity basketball and volleyball for all four years in high school and ran track and cross country. I still play volleyball any chance I get and love to workout. I’m kind of crazy, I know!
Bloggers I Nominate!
I quickly realized that I don’t follow that many blogs with less than 200 subscribers.
1. Bec @ infernalimagination.
2. Kate @ didthatjusthappenblog
3.Natalie @ browsingbookshelves
4.Amy @ odetokatnissandjo
5. The Ninjas @ discombobulatedbooks
1.If you had the chance to rewrite the ending of a book, which book would you choose, and why?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth and Requiem by Lauren oliver. Can I get an amen?!
2.How have you found your book blogging experience so far?
I absolutely love it! I have met so many other bloggers who love the same things I do, and found my new favorite way of getting book recommendations.
3.What is your favourite Season?
Fall! Or Autumn, depending on where you are from and what you call it. I live in a mountainous/desert area and the only time we really get color is when the leaves change.
4. Favourite book genre?
I’m just going to go with fiction. Broad I know, but I can’t pick just one!
5. Most influential book you’ve read?
The whole Harry Potter series changed my life. It is what made me love to read, and I would say that has been pretty influential.
6. Most under-appreciated book in your opinion?
Hmmm. That’s a tough one. Probably An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Everyone tends to focus on Looking for Alaska and The Fault in our Stars (rightfully so, because those books are amazing) but I feel like his other stuff gets swept under the rug a little. Maybe it’s because people didn’t like An Abundance of Katherines as much? But I did. I thought that book was hilarious.
7. Did you read much by yourself as a child?
Yes. All the time.
8. Audiobooks: Yay, or Nay?
I absolutely love audibooks. Like I said above, we travel a lot, which means we are in the car a lot. Audiobooks are perfect for that. Also, I always play one at night to fall asleep. Why wouldn’t you want Neil Gaiman reading you to sleep every night?
9. Do you prefer books with “Classic” looking covers (aka just the title in simple font) or do you prefer the more modern versions with images and pictures on the cover?
I do love a pretty cover, so I tend to gravitate towards covers with images on them. As long as those images aren’t a girl with her head out of frame or people who are half-naked. Or movie covers.
10. Do you have a goodreads account?
I sure do. Go check that shenanigans out!
11. Do you want to be an author yourself? Or are you happy just to be a reader?
I am perfectly satisfied being a reader. I have never wanted to be a writer, but if a story showed up in my head that I thought was worth telling, I’m not saying I wouldn’t give it a shot.
Questions for you!
1. What is the first book you remember reading?
2. Hardcover or Paperback?
3. Dog-ear pages or bookmark?
4. Who is your favorite literary character?
5. How do you feel about book-to-movie adaptations?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What is your favorite music genre?
9. Who is your favorite author?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
11. Where is your favorite place to read?
And here is the pretty award to put on your page 🙂