If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty awesome. All the cool kids are doing it.
As you guys know, I have been a little absent on the blog front because I am doing a re-read of The Mortal Instruments leading up to the release of City of Heavenly Fire. If you haven’t read this series yet, just do yourself a favor and go buy all of them. And then binge read them. Twice.
Myself and the lovely Bec over at infernalimagination.wordpress.com are doing a blog collab on the re-read, so look out for that soon!
Anyway- this week’s Top Ten is about books whose covers are so beautiful you would frame them and use them as art in your home.
1. The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I usually don’t even like covers with people on them, but seriously. These are stunning.
2. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I love all of the art in Silverstein’s books, that I would probably choose not just the cover art to be on display.
3. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. Oh, the whimsy!
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I don’t know how many of you guys have seen the new covers for HP, but this is actually the back cover of the new Order of the Phoenix and the nostalgia that it gives my heart is almost too much. Seriously, how beautiful is that? And a Neville quote. The feels.
5. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Self-explanatory. LOOK AT IT!
6. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I read this one and it’s sequel, Sapphique, pre-blog but I loved both of them!
7. Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton. I still haven’t finished this one (not because it isn’t good, because I tend to bite off more than I can chew sometimes) but look at that cover. So purrrty!
8. The BFG by Roald Dahl. Oh, the nostalgia.
9. Looking For Alaska by John Green. Simplicity at it’s best.
10. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. This whole book is beautifully illustrated, but that cover takes the cake!
What are some of your favorite covers?