If you have never come across a Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly feature hosted over on The Broke and The Bookish. They post a different top ten topic every week, it’s pretty awesome. All the cool kids are doing it.
This week’s topic is the daunting task of narrowing a summer TBR pile into just 10 books! I don’t know about you, but it isn’t even summer here yet and my pile of books to read this summer is already massive!
1. American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It has been way too long since I sunk myself into a Gaiman novel, and this one has been on my list for quite some time.
2. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. I was so excited for this release and it just got caught up in all of the other books I was reading at the time. I have heard mixed feelings about the ending, so I am excited to see how I feel about it!
PS- I totally regret getting these on the Kindle. THOSE COVERS.
3. Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This is the next book we are reading for the book club at work, and I am so stoked about it. I love circus/carnival books!
4. Something Wicked this Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Alright, so maybe we couldn’t decide between this one and Night Circus during book club, so we decided to read both.
PS: EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Let’s just touch on my shamefully full NetGalley shelf as well. I might need to put myself on a book buying haitus until this thing is cleaned out.
5. Defy by Sara B. Larsen
6. The Lonely by Ainsilie Hogarth.
7. The Troop by Nick Cutter
8.The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
For now, with a new baby this summer, I think that these 8 would be an accomplishment! What is in your TBR pile for this summer?